Thursday, November 20, 2008

Penury and pain

A financial crisis has gripped the Estates at Pixel Creek neighborhood! Rest assured we think this is only a temporary slump - once the economy totally collapses, we look forward to moving into a scalp and firemaking economy.

While poor, it's important to make sure you're getting enough nutrition; apparently, I am not. I was getting out of the shower this weekend, and I hit my big toe on the shower door - no big deal, I'm clumsy. But the amount of pain that swiftly followed was impressive. I stood there, dripping, waiting for the cursing and flourescent waves of agony to pass. When they did, I looked down and saw that I had somehow managed to liberate my big toenail from its fleshy prison. Here's an animated gif I made as an illustration:



So now I'm all limpy and sore and confused. Lesson: make sure you are getting your daily intake of calcium and niacin, despite your limited budget. If this means you need to switch over to boneless hotdogs, so be it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ahh. good stuff- that really really sucks. and is really funny.

Blicky Kitty said...

Ow, but I am adding Shitsonofabitch to my favorite Pixel Creek lexicon.

I had a friend who once impressively used the F word as a superlative adjective. I think that's a unique talent.

octopede said...

There was also a great seething sound, one for which I am afraid the English alphabet falters - that sound where air is pulled in over the teeth for a prolonged period.

controlled chaos said...

lol
that was funny ...and painful sounding at the same time...
I think that's one of my biggest fears-having my nail pulled off...ehh
i know lame
http://symphonic-discord.blogspot.com/