Sunday, October 26, 2008

Images of the Internets

If the internet is good for anything, and I have heard arguments in support of the affirmative, then it certainly must have something to do with this photo, upon which I often stumble during my searches for hardcore right-wing recipes sites:


People, you should not feed your pets in disposable pie foils; give them some dignity and get a dish, okay? Unless this was some sort of Purina Jiffy Pop, in which case, what the hell is wrong with America. Anyway.

I've always liked this photo. I interpret it thusly: the kitten, overcome with Nature's Bounty, collapses in ecstasy, as I do over a good Wrath-of-Christ recipe for cinnamon rolls. Alternatively, I guess the kitten could have just fallen asleep, as kittens are wont to suddenly do after chewing up your expensive headphones or farting.

Tonight, as I was watching Law & Order, this image popped up again. It occurred to me that this cat could very well be dead, and this is some sort of posed scene. But who? And why? Was this a 'hit'? Did the kitten 'know too much'? Will there be a 'trial'? Will the courtroom have a 'baliff'? I don't know, and therein lies the real magic of the internet. Although I'm not sure exactly what that is. Hmm.

Anyway, here's another favorite internet picture, one for which I have no compelling thoughts beyond that which is presented. END TRANSMISSION.

5 comments:

Susannah Pollvogt said...

That's a horrible thought and I refuse to think about it anymore!!!

octopede said...

I know! Seriously, get a freakin' real catfood bowl for your murdered kitten, how hard can it be?!

Cassoulet Cafe said...

When i see this, I've always thought, too, that this kitten is definitely dead.
:(

Daily Offensive (baha!) said...

Aw, this is really sad! :(

controlled chaos said...

No the kitten isn't dead.
It can't be.
It isn't
It's just being cute. People take pictures of cute and post it, not pictures of murders and post it.